Malabar Chickpea- Protein Packed Recipe
Adding a flavourful twist to the Indian classic dish, we are here with the Malabar chickpeas! This recipe is a recreation of our favourite home cooked chole. Just by adding a few elements like curry leaves and fresh grated coconut, you can try this easy, 20 min recipe for your next family lunch.
- 1cup chickpeas (boiled)
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 2tbsp curry leaves
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 green chillies (sliced)
- ½ cup coconut chutney
- ¼ cup onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup tomato (chopped)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- Salt (as per taste)
- Coriander (for garnish)
- Take a pan over medium low heat. Add- coconut oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Saute for 2 mins till it sizzles.
- Next step to add chopped onions to the pan.
- Cook this mix for 5-7mins or until onions are soft and a little brown from the ends.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt to bring out those Indian flavours.
- Cook for another 8-10 mins and after mixing it all together, add freshly grounded coconut and cook 3-4 mins.
- Add the protein star – boiled
- To make it extra rich, add some coconut milk and fresh cream. Mix everything evenly and let it cook on low heat for another 5 mins
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
You can try it with rice or your choice of bread and enjoy with your family or friends.