Black Rice- One Pot Meal
Don’t we all look out for recipes that are easy, quick and healthy? Specially after a hectic day at work we all want something which requires less effort, easy ingredients and is nutritious.
Well, the “One Pot Rice Meal” is your answer!
So, today we are sharing a one pot recipe using highly nutritious black rice in place of regular white rice. But, what is black rice?
Well, Black rice a.k.a Forbidden Black rice is an ancient Chinese whole grain rice which is rich in anti-oxidants, nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Potassium etc and is naturally gluten free. There are many other benefits of consuming Black rice such as it lowers blood sugar levels, reduces the risk of fatty liver and is really easy to cook and prepare.
Also Read - Buy Organic Food Online in Delhi
- 1cup Black rice
- 1 ½ tbsp Ghee
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- ½ cup Onion(sliced)
- 2-3 Green chilli (slit)
- ¼ cup Bell pepper(diced)
- ¼ cup Carrot(diced)
- ¼ cup Beans(diced)
- ½ cup Green peas
- ¼ cup Mushroom(diced)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Coriander (to garnish)
- Soak 1 cup Black rice in cold water for 10 mins.
- Sauté onion, garlic and green chilies in a deep skillet or wide bottomed pot and sauté for a min or until translucent;
- Now, add all veggies, black rice, spices and 2 cup of water. Place a lid on the pot and turn heat up to medium-high;
- Allow the veggies and rice to cook properly;
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and enjoy with curd or gravy of your choice.
So now you see why you will love One Pot meals for dinner? Because it is totally awesome and takes hardly 30 mins to cook! You can even store the leftover rice in fridge for up to 2 days